Friday, February 27, 2009

Rx for the Kitchen

Yesterday I attended a Provident Living Group on Home-Made Cleaning Agents. I learned how to make my own laundry detergent, baby wipes & that vinegar & baking soda are great multi-purpose cleaners. There is a connection to more of what was discovered in my side bar under Blogs I love to steal from... Provident Living.

Here are a few that I tried...

For an easy-to-clean oven and stove top, sprinkle with baking soda, then mist with water. Let soak, wipe clean.





Soaking burned casserole dishes? Add an old dryer sheet and let soak overnight. Wash and rinse clean.




For brilliant shine on faucets, buff with olive or vegetable oil using a dry rag. Rinse oil with club soda and wipe dry.




Now if I could only find a cleaning agent for my toughest job...cleaning Max after meal-time.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting about the oven cleaner. I wish I would have known about that the last 10 years!

    ReplyDelete